How to Use the Calendar
Well, it is a calendar, and to use it (to write to it) you need to sign up for a google calendar account (if you just want to read it, well, there it is below). Since these are free, I'm rather hoping that won't be an insuperable barrier. Once you have that, you need to add this calendar: it is called the snappy name of:
To add the calendar to your google calendar account, you need the "Other calendars" menu item, which is at the bottom on the left, and you need to paste "email@example.com" into that box. I'm just a touch unclear about permissions... the calendar is public, but I think I need to OK you for write access. If you're having any trouble, just send me an email and I'll add you.
Notes, queries, complaints
Feel free to complain at me if this doesn't work for you. Comments I've had:
- It doesn't work (by which I think is meant, adding bookings) by iPhone. Answer: I haven't got an iPhone to try, but via Android, if you switch from the "mobile view" to the "desktop view" then you get full functionality including booking.
- Comment: it doesn't allow block booking, and this is good.
A bit of help
Some people have trouble making this work. Here's a bit of help. Note that you cannot add events just by clicking on the display of the calendar in the posting above; that's just a display-only read-only copy I'm afraid. You need to go to calendar.google.com to start. Once you've got the boat-booking calendar installed, to add an event on it, click on your day to add the event, then select the correct calendar from the drop-down menu:
[*] I mean, of course, that I don't. I can't tell what you do :-)
Update for iOS Users - October 2017
It is possible, easy even, for iOS users to add the Boat Booking Calendar to their mobile devices, by following the following steps:
1. One still has to add the Boat Booking Calendar to a Google calendar (either via a personal Gmail account or a business G-Suite account) and it will look like so:
2. One has to already have the Google account on the iPhone / iPad or add it by the standard Apple method of Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Google
3. Then, in a web browser on your device (not computer) visit this URL:
What should come up is something very much like this:
4. Tick the box for "Chesterton Boat Bookings" and that's it.
On the e.g. iPhone, the calendar will show up as shown here: